5/27/09

releasing faith...

a little over a year ago, a writer whose work i've admired, gave me a 20 dollar bill. i put it in an envelope, which i labeled, "faith money"--a self promise that some day, like this writer, i too would be living my dreams. i also promised that i would not spend this money unless i had absolutely no other choice; thankfully since that time, i've had other choices.

and then, this morning: i thought about how within the last year, i have repeatedly placed my self belief at the mercy of others' judgment--often deciding that my failure/success depended upon their support. this afternoon, i spent the money. finally. but before handing it to the cashier, i wrote on its face: "all the faith you need is already within you." may this find the right person at the right time.

2 comments:

Carleen Brice said...

I love passing that thought forward.

iyan and egusi soup: said...

me too, carleen. i think faith from within is something most of us want.