5/5/09

in/out the body...

about a year and a half ago, as i committed more seriously to the process of trusting myself, and what i know to be true, i began noticing my body's reaction to the people, things, and events in my world. my sense of knowing resides within my gut: when there is a lurch, a tightening, or a scattering, i know something is awry, even if i can't articulate the what, just then. i sometimes say to friends that i am less moved by what a person says or does, and more by what i feel about him/her, within my gut.

these days, my ongoing lesson is expression--speaking, doing, and being who i truly am, as opposed to what i imagine is more acceptable or pleasing to whomever or whatever i am facing. in turn, i am finding that the more i allow myself to be whomever i might be, the more room i have for others to be themselves. i grow and heal more when i discover who others really are, than when i hold them to the ideals i've imagined.

as i am more committed to saying what is true for me, and doing what feels right to my soul, my gut is settling, and even more love meets me on my path.

No comments: