1/28/08

true-blue

it's difficult to discuss having wonderful friends without sounding impossibly corny, over-the-top. i'd call them 'the best' and that would be trite; and the truth. i'd say i am fortunate to know them--incredibly so--and this too would be the truth. my friends are wise, and kind, and brave. their generosity inspires and sustains me. their honesty makes me less afraid of the truth. they make room for me to be most of who i am; and they are patient as i still unfold. that they are here, as imperfect as i am, is for me, the mark of unconditional love.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

I don't think this is corny or over the top at all -- when we speak the truth that we know, the truth that we feel, it comes from the heart and if that's "corny" then count me in too.

I couldn't agree more -- unconditional love is really about accepting the imperfections...and on our part, wanting to be the best we can be with those who do love us...it's a mutual give and take. There is no better feeling than to know you are loved simply because of the fact that you are "you".

iyan and egusi soup: said...

sherry, you're ever-upward looking, and i admire this.