11/27/07

as we mean

yesterday morning, i'd spent nearly a half hour composing what should have been a quick, straightforward business email. so, i took a break, reassessed, and came back to it. the time away helped me realize i wasn't asking the question i truly wanted to ask; the question i'd asked didn't quite reach the heart of the matter at hand.

i learned some time ago to simply ask for what i want; if i don't get it, it certainly won't be because i never asked. and in line with this, i remember that my words should always reflect my truest intentions.

8 comments:

Sherry said...

So well said, and I believe in what you say. I liked that you went away, came back and realized that you weren't being as clear as you wanted, about what you wanted. As you said, if we don't ask...and if we are denied, we can always say that we tried.

Ello said...

I agree 100%. Your words must be a true reflection of yourself. As always beautifully put. You have such a way with words. When am I going to read your book?

iyan and egusi soup: said...

ello,

a pig now, huh? :)

"When am I going to read your book?" i wonder the same! ;)

Lisa said...

A great thought to take away and ponder this week. Thank you for that.

Carleen Brice said...

I'm so glad you're back! And with yet ANOTHER new picture!

iyan and egusi soup: said...

thank you carleen. yes, me and my ever-changing pictures! :)

Julie Layne said...

This seems so simple, and yet so difficult. :-) Why are we afraid to ask for what we want? Why do we so often feel we have to camouflage it?

Wow, I found Carleen Brice's blog purely by accident the other day, and now have run across so many I am going to visit often. (Yep, just more ways to procrastinate on the writing. Heh.)

iyan and egusi soup: said...

hi julie,

i'm so glad you came by--and through carleen's blog too!