9/4/07

the moment after

i am not sure when it happened, but it has. at some moment, i came to know that doing something else is not an option--no other thing to consider. this is my way of being in this world, and i am pleased. enormously grateful, too. perhaps it came through the countless incidents of synchronicity; dear loved ones who support with actions and words; or what i now identify in myself as fortitude. however it arrived, i embrace the path i have chosen.

"and suddenly, just like that, hope became knowledge."
the kite runner, khaled hosseini.

3 comments:

Carleen Brice said...

Good for you! I still struggle with accepting myself and my choices. Much less so than I used to, but still.

I love the Hosseini quote. My husband, a musician, quotes Kermit the Frog about what it's like sometimes to live the artist's life: "It ain't easy being green."

It ain't always easy or always fun, but it's always where I want to be.

iyan and egusi soup: said...

hello dear carleen:

the kermit quote made me giggle.

"It ain't always easy or always fun, but it's always where I want to be."

yes!

Trenee said...

Look at you quoting Kite Runner!! I love it!