9/29/07

a hiatus

there is something about this season that encourages more quiet, reflective, and purposeful ways of being. so, i intend to blog less, as i focus more on the writing, reading, and deliberateness that beckon. a few 'oldies but goodies' i have not yet read, but hope to complete by the year's end:
the god of small things (arundhati roy)
breath, eyes, memory (edwidge danticat)
god's bits of wood (sembene ousmane)
arrow of god (chinua achebe)
changes: a love story (ama ata aidoo)
the titles alone! happy autumn.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

This sounds like a wise decision. I'll be checking in on you until you return. Enjoy the time, my friend.

Ello said...

I've been checking in to hear your beautiful words. I hope you enjoy your hiatus and hope to hear your words soon.

iyan and egusi soup: said...

lisa, ello, thank you both so much.
ello, you changed the picture--cute!

Sherry said...

you are taking a hiatus just when I found you!!

You are following your heart and doing what your soul is telling you to do.

I applaud and respect that! I will be here when you return!!

iyan and egusi soup: said...

thank you sherry.

"You are following your heart and doing what your soul is telling you to do."

yes, i am! my internal compass has never led me astray. ;)

Trenee said...

Have you read all of Chris Abani's works?