5/24/07

onward

i admit i'm a young writer, early on her path. perhaps this is why i'm especially conscious of offering encouragement to fellow writers, no matter their status (e.g. published/unpublished, established/emerging, etc.). i've been blessed with much wisdom and support from a few writers, including those whose work i've long admired--i hope to be to others what they've been to me. those of us for whom the work is purposeful, understand in some way that we've chosen a path often fraught with negativity.

for the sake of my work and wellness, i decided some time ago to focus on my art and craft, and leave the madness to those who choose to engage it.

2 comments:

Trenee said...

Thank you for adding my link to your "for writers and readers" roll. I am honored and will be sure to do the same for you.

Thanks again for the love--because I swear nobody is paying my blog any mind.

Will you be attending VONA this summer? I saw the link and was a little curious.

Trenee

olufunke grace bankole said...

dear trenee,

you're dearly welcome. always trust that someone is paying attention.;)

yes, i'll be attending the first week of vona. so looking forward to it--i've heard such wonderful things!